May 23, 2006

Rose Festa



The Jindaiji Botanical Gardens was having what they called a "Rose Festa". The roses were in full bloom today. Big buses were parked outside with visitors. People came from far and near. It was spectacular even though it was a cloudy day. I took many close-up pictures of roses but thought you would be more interested in these pictures. I included one picture of a rose. It's an unusual bluish lavender color.




Garden workers cut the spent roses and put them in a big plastic bucket. I watched in amazement wanting some of them. They looked pretty good to me. An old woman was standing beside me. I said something like "wow" and the woman looked at me and laughed in agreement. Below is an outdoor sink where you can wash your hands. Most people still carry handkerchiefs.






This last picture is a pond near the temple. It started to rain so you can see the raindrops hit the water. The orange thing underwater is a coi or goldfish. Can you see the duck? It circled the turtles before stopping and taking a gander. Interesting cross-species communication. I wish I had had the zoom lens on the camera to get a close-up!

No comments: