August 23, 2006

World Heritage Site: Leaving Ainokura




As we were leaving I noticed there was a stamp at the entrance. I wasn't with Papa when he went to pay. There was no one in the buidling as we were leaving.


Another stamp opportunity. My children weren't interested in getting a stamp at each house. They would have loved this a few years ago. They enjoyed their time here, though.




I took this picture of the sign for the village with the thatched roof houses as we were leaving. The buildings here have typical tile roofs.

It is difficult to take pictures from the car! I saw several bus stops that I wanted to photograph, but it was impossible to stop (narrow roads) and impossible to do from the car (bad angles at speed). The bus stops were small buildings where people could stand out of the road and out of the weather. I imagine they are much appreciated in the snow and the rain!




This is Main street in the town outside the village.

No comments: