July 25, 2006

On the Road Again--In Tokyo

We made a trip to The Salvation Army to drop off some things. The highway was jammed so we went through the back streets. I took these pictures from the car.

I will have to post them later. The system is down and won't let me post pictures!

Ah! Here we go...


Turning right.




A building being torn down.




A billboard. Do you recognize him?




Another nice thing to look at. This hides some construction. It looks like the wave spray in the Hokusai woodblock print.




A guy walking along text messaging walked into my picture. You can't see his phone. You can't really tell that he is wearing a summertime "suit". A lightweight kimono-type jacket and pants. He is walking in front of an advertisement for a mansion or apartment house that is being built behind the wall. Apartments of a certain size (number of bedrooms and amount of space) are called mansions here.




I saw this shop closer to home on the way back. A shop with English printed on the door. There wasn't enough space so the sign painter started a new line to finish the word. That happens a lot here in composition writing in English classes. I think this is the first time I have seen this kind of mistake on a sign.

No comments: