July 13, 2006

Walking to the Hardware Store


Today was hot and sunny. No surprise that people had their laundry and futon outside. Actually, I was surprised that there weren't very many futon out. On my way back home, it started to rain. As I passed this way again, the woman was scrambling to get her beds inside and I was carrying my dogs' toilet sheets over the camera case to keep it dry. She and I didn't watch the weather report this morning. There was a lot of thunder, too. No wonder there hadn't been many people out on the street as I was coming and going. The weather report includes thunder forecasts. The reports can be pretty accurate here, but not as accurate as they used to be when I first came to Japan in 1988. Baba usually watches me as I leave and tells me to take an umbrella. She was asleep on the sofa today when I left.






I took this picture of these two houses to show how close some houses are here. I am amazed how the sun makes its way through the most narrow and smallest places. These houses open to the west. Look between the houses at how much sun the house on the left gets even though the house on the right is so close. Amazing.






I saw these two dragonflies. I took many pictures of them trying to get a close-up. Each one would fly away and then light in only two places. The top two pictures are of the same dragonfly on her two chosen places. The one in the bottom picture chose another place that was too difficult for me to get close enough to take a picture so I only got this spot. My son said that many dragonflies came during pool time at school today. Some were red and some were orange. No blue ones went to his school.

I'll show you pictures from the hardware store tomorrow.

No comments: