December 16, 2006

FIRE ALERT

As I was publishing three posts this evening, I heard hollow sticks clacking and people groaning and yelling. I rushed to the roof to see what was the matter. Groups of people were walking through the streets and yelling "Hi no yoojin!" "Be careful about fire!" I heard people off in the distance in other neighborhoods, too. I have been here a long, long time and have never seen or heard anything like this before!

The houses here are very close together so fire is a big concern. Over the years, candles and Christmas lights have become popular. Several times this week I have heard fire trucks, but they go out to traffic accidents, too. By the way, 119 is the emergency number here.

Little Brother suggested I go turn off the Christmas lights for the night. Everybody, take care!

No comments: